Our church is part of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church Denomination which was founded in 1936. In nearly eight decades since its founding, the OPC has slowly grown to over 30,000 members in over 300 churches throughout the United States and Canada. It has been vigorous in its defense and propagation of the historic Reformed faith as expressed in the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms. We recognize other churches of like faith and practice and are a member of NAPARC and ICRC.
The first meeting was held on June 28, 1936 with 49 charter members. Eventually the members met at Friends Meeting House before they purchased the building lot in 1947. The Ground Breaking Ceremony for the new church was on October 16, 1949 and the dedication of the new building was on May 26, 1951. Having been unaffiliated since its conception and realizing the need to become part of a solidly biblical and reformed denomination, they voted to unite with the OPC and were received on April 12, 1964.